Friday, October 3, 2008

Hockeytown..


We all know where 'Hockeytown' is.. however, I don't think that our Hockeytown has one of these to welcome you when you exit off 75 or 96. The E-6 is the major highway that runs north and south in Norway and Sweden. This is the sign when you exit and turn toward Sarpsborg.
Today we played in... Hockeytown... well I guess I will call it Hockeytown-Scandanavia. I have to stay faithful to the D. We played Lorenskog. They won Division 1 last season, which gives them a spot in the Elite League for this year. They have done well so far, they have a fast team and have beat some good teams already. Knowing that we were unsure how to prepare for them, they are one of those teams that are dangerous because they do not have much to lose. We did however play very well in the first period and were able to come out on top 2-0. We scored a powerplay goal on the rush and a nice back door goal also on the power-play late in the period. The shots were 11-8 Sparta. The second period started off as more of the same. We scored a good rebound goal after holding the puck in their zone for a couple minutes. Then we took a bit of a quip (Nap) for the next 20 minutes. They got one back on a 5-3 late in the 2nd, it was a rebound that got batted in right in front of me. Lorenskog had some life now. In the third, they put some pressure on us and got some chances. Again we were going throught the motions for the first 10 minutes or so but we were able to keep them from scoring. Finally, we got an insurance goal and held on for the 4-1 win. The final shots were 27-25 for Sparta. Click on this link for highlights http://www.sa.no/Video_import/article3824871.ece
Off the ice is uneventful, I have started a science class on-line, through Colorado University(Go Buffs), that I need to graduate. I really would like to graduate before Zac, Little Frank and Andrea!! I know I know I have been saying this for 8 years or so but hey.. Positive thinking! Hope everyone is doing well!

1 comment:

Eric, Shel, Andrea, Porter said...

Hi Phil,

Sounds like you are having a good season, we enjoy reading about it in English!

Miss you,
Shel, Eric and Andrea